The Western and Finger Lakes Region Health Emergency Preparedness Coalition (HEPC) will be offering a workgroup for home health and hospice partners. Please consider registering your emergency preparedness teams to be a part of this discussion.
The coalition is targeting providers who serve the following counties: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Chemung, Erie, Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Niagara, Ontario, Orleans, Schuyler, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates.
HEPCs are regional coalitions of health care providers, local and state emergency managers and local public health preparedness officials who work together to develop and coordinate emergency preparedness activities.
HEPCs are very valuable for providers as you can network with other agencies on emergency preparedness activities; establish contacts with vital state and local partners; participate in workgroups and drills; and more.
The goal of this work group is to address the following:
- Discussion of how to better engage home care and hospice providers in HEPC activities,
- Identify gaps/vulnerabilities in current emergency preparedness plans,
- Review appropriate emergency contacts,
- Look at lessons learned from previous incidents, and
- Develop opportunities to replicate the home health and hospice Tabletop Exercise conducted earlier this year.
If you are interested in participating in this work group, please complete the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BP1Workgroups.
Questions about the work group should be directed to:
- Johnny Tolbert, Health Emergency Preparedness Representative, Western Region, Office of Health Emergency Preparedness, New York State Department of Health at (716) 847-4658 (work); (716) 481-9735 cell; or Johnny.Tolbert@health.ny.gov
- Patrick Byrne, BSN RN MEP CHEC, Regional Representative, Finger Lakes Office of Health Emergency Preparedness, New York State Department of Health at (585) 423-8066 (work), (585) 472-3122 (cell); or firstname.lastname@example.org