On September 26, from 1 to 2:30 p.m., the Western and Finger Lakes Region Health Emergency Preparedness Coalition (HEPC) will hold its first meeting of a Home Health and Hospice Workgroup.
The coalition is targeting providers who serve the following counties: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Chemung, Erie, Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Niagara, Ontario, Orleans, Schuyler, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates.
The meeting will be held at the Center for Hospice and Palliative Care (225 Como Park Blvd., Cheektowaga, NY 14227 at the IT Training Room in Clinical Building).
There will also be a webinar option for workgroup meetings; however, it is encouraged you try to attend in person. You must register for the session using the following link:
Session number: 648 812 619
The meeting will address workgroup objectives, future exercise opportunities and an overview of the HEPC.
The goal of this workgroup is to address the following:
- Discussion of how to better engage home care and hospice providers in HEPC activities.
- Identify gaps/vulnerabilities in current emergency preparedness plans.
- Review appropriate emergency contacts.
- Look at lessons learned from previous incidents.
- Develop opportunities to replicate the home health/hospice tabletop exercise conducted earlier this year.
Questions about the workgroup should be directed to: Johnny Tolbert, Health Emergency Preparedness Representative, Western Region, Office of Health Emergency Preparedness, New York State Department of Health at (716) 847-4658 and Johnny.Tolbert@health.ny.gov; or to Patrick Byrne, BSN RN MEP CHEC, Regional Representative, Finger Lakes Office of Health Emergency Preparedness, New York State Department of Health at (585) 423-8066 or firstname.lastname@example.org.